FLE Outdoor Classroom

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Making A Salad

On Tuesday, Mrs. Glandon's first graders picked lettuce out of our garden. It was a nice sunny morning just perfect for working in the garden! Once they picked the lettuce, they took it inside, washed it and then made a beautiful salad. They even shared a bowl with me! I was delighted!

The type of lettuce they were eating is called Butter Crunch. It was very tasty. Did you know that when you are eating lettuce you are eating the leaves of a plant? This is one of the things that Mrs. Glandon's class learned.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Making Salad
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

19 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

I had a great time picking lettuce with your class. Your salad was delicious!

Margaret said...

Washing the salad made me tired.

Alexander said...

I liked the salad.

Andrew said...

I washed the lettuce!

Terry said...

I picked the lettuce!

Zachery said...

I like the tomatoes!

Shayla said...

I liked the cheese.

Chrisraine said...

The salad was good.

Dalton said...

I dumped the tomatoes. I had fun.

Zachary said...

I used the scissors to cut the lettuce.

Madison said...

I had a prtty good time. That day was a cool day.

Victoriyah said...

I like when I tasted the salad.

Aliana said...

Me and Andrew washed the lettuce in the sink it was fun.

Tamayia said...

I like the cumcumber. It was good
so was the cheese and the tomatoes.

Richard said...

I like the lettuce.

Charliste said...

I like the salad we made.

Jordan said...

I sprinkled carrots on the salad.

Mrs. Glandon said...

I am so proud of all of you! These sentences are SUPER! :)

Anonymous said...

It's cool to pick peanuts and those are some great shots of the them

Post a Comment