FLE Outdoor Classroom

Monday, October 12, 2009



This week I am going to take advantage of our unseasonably warm weather and plant some seeds with the kindergarten. Each class will plant a row of something. Today I took out Mrs. Durrrence's class. They did an awesome job planting Snow Peas! They had to get a few weeds out of the way first. Then we lined up side by side and spaced the seeds out. Then they covered them with a little dirt and watered the seed. I think the part they liked best was watering! They each had a pail and they watered plants all over the garden! While we were outside, we fed the fish too. They were very hungry! We tried to find some more Monarch caterpillars but didn't find any today!

I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of the the raised beds. Our cauliflower and Ga. collards are growing so big and are some very beautiful plants! I am really happy with how well the fall garden is doing this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment