FLE Outdoor Classroom

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Busy Day in the Garden!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Garden Work
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

I had planned to work in the garden with Mrs. McCall's class but when Mr. Graham's class came in today the first thing they wanted to know was if I would take them out to the Outdoor Classroom. They had noticed me taking the Kindergarten all last week and wanted THEIR turn! So we went out and I put them to work! I was so glad that Trent volunteered to put our scarecrow back up! It had fallen over during the last hard rain. The rest of the class (especially those sweet girls!) helped weed the garden. We are trying to stay ahead of those pesky things!

So first thing this morning I was hot and sweaty and ruined my hair-do! It's been very unseasonably hot this week and today was a scorcher!

Later on, I decided to take Mrs. Vaeth's 3rd graders too. Afterall, I wanted to finish the weeding and with this being a three day week for us, I didn't want to start any new projects. They did a fantastic job with the weeding and once again we all were hot and sweaty!

When it was finally time for Mrs. McCall's kids to come to lab, I was no longer concerned about getting filthy! We had a great time planting broccoli. It should be ready to harvest in about 50 days.

1 comments:

jai said...

Mrs.fennel's class got to plant strawberrries,and milkweed.

Post a Comment