FLE Outdoor Classroom

Monday, November 2, 2009

Planting Daffodils With Durrence's Class

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Planting Daffodils
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


We had some really nice fall weather today for a change! So I took Mrs. Durrence's kindergarteners out to the garden. We planted Daffodils in front of the letter D in the Alphabet Garden! The kids were great! They had to dig a hole 4 inches deep, measure to make sure it was deep enough and then make sure they planted the bulb pointing in the right direction. Then we watered the bulbs in really well. Let me just say I was so proud of them for doing such an awesome job!

I love daffodils because when I see them blooming at the end of each winter, it's a sure sign that spring is coming! I can't wait to see them emerge here at FLE next Spring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment